Taking time to understand what clients require from an agent, far reaching marketing and extensive local knowledge is a winning combination in our eyes. Unlike many modern estate agents we also firmly believe that you should only pay us at the end of the process when we have successfully sold your property and handed in the keys.
When instructed on your property our vastly experienced sales team will work proactively to find you the best buyer in a time scale to suit. Initially contacting those applicants we already have on our data base via phone and email, spreading the word through social media and producing a professional sales brochure with eye catching photographs and free floor plans.
Your home will then appear on Right-move, Zoopla and other websites. This together with the more tried and tested traditional methods, local Newspaper advertising and our eye catching boards, all combine to ensure your property gets maximum exposure. As the only team agent in Harwich and Dovercourt we also have links to hundreds of independently run estate agents across the country without losing our local identity.
Making Sense of the Selling Process
WHEN AN OFFER IS RECEIVED
- We will always try to get the best possible price for your property
- Your response to the offer made is relayed to the prospective buyer as soon as we have your decision
- The links in any chain are checked with the other estate agents involved to clarify details and to anticipate and avoid problems.
- When the conveyancers have completed all the necessary checks and documentation they will “Exchange Contracts”.
- At this point the sale of your property is legally binding and a date is set of Legal completion – which is the date by which you must have vacated your property.
- Confirm your booking with a removal company.
READY TO MOVE ? PLANNING IS THE KEY !
If this is your first move then it helps to know there’s more to moving than just filling a few packing cases ! Follow our tips on moving house and its perfectly possible to make light of what is a major operation.
As soon as contracts have been exchanged, and the completion date for the purchase of your property is fixed, you can instruct your removal company. Make sure your chosen firm is insured – or take out you own cover – and make sure your arrangements are confirmed in writing.
- Contact domestic services suppliers - gas, electricity, broadband, telephone, etc to arrange the reading of meters at your old address and continuity of service at your new address.
- Write to everyone who needs to know your new address.
ONE WEEK BEFORE MOVING
(but only after contracts have been exchanged)
- Arrange the re-direction of your mail with the Post Office.
- Check how things work in your new home – central heating, burglar alarm systems and location of fuse box and stopcock. Arrange with the vendor for details to be left of such necessities, including guarantees, contracts and instructions for use
- Arrange for a set of your house keys (including garage and shed) to be with us as your agents, preferable before 12 noon on the day of completion.