Harwich Village Homes are a caring, professional, independent estate agents with over 200 years experience and local knowledge. This coupled with our membership of team the national estate agency network, provides a winning combination which is hard to beat.
The team network has hundreds of independently run estate agents across the country which allows us national coverage, without losing our identity as your local agent.
We are delighted to be able to offer homeowners & landlords an exceptional service where we will treat you as the most important person with all of your needs & requirements listened to. We offer a very simple fee structure which includes many extras free of charge, such as preparation of detailed written & photographic inventories, deposit protection, preparation of tenancies & notices; as well as move in checks & move out checks.
Best of all we charge no fees until we have introduced a suitable tenant who signs the agreement & moves into your property!
‘The winning combination of local knowledge & experience with national exposure.’
FULL MANAGEMENT SERVICE
- We provide a free rental valuation & give advice on presentation of your property.
- Organise an Energy Performance Certificate if required*
- Organise a Gas Safety Certificate, Installation of Smoke Alarms & Carbon Monoxide Alarm if required*
- Extensively promote & advertise locally in the Harwich & Manningtree Standard as well as in our prominent window display
- Extensively promote & advertise nationally via the leading website portals including Rightmove, Zoopla, Primelocation & the team website.
- Accompany all viewings & give you feedback
- Upon finding you a suitable tenant we’ll carry out both referencing and credit checks on all proposed tenants & guarantors.
- Liaise with proposed tenants prior to move in whilst keeping you informed of progress.
- Prepare all legal documents including Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement & relevant notices.
- Ensure you comply with the latest regulations such as ‘The Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm (England) Regulations 2015’, ‘The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998’ & ‘The Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988 – (not applicable to furniture manufactured before 1950) & advise you on any future regulations.
- Advice regarding, and protect the tenants deposit in accordance with the Housing Act 2004.
- Provide, free of charge, a detailed written inventory with photographic evidence.
- Read the gas and electric meters (except where they are inaccessible or cannot be found) & write to the utility companies advising them of the new tenant.
- Arrange collection of all rents due & make prompt payments to you.
- Inspect the property every three months & provide a detailed report to you highlighting any potential issues.
- Deal with property maintenance thereby protecting you from unnecessary calls.
- Inspect the property against the inventory after the tenants vacate and liaise between you, the tenant and the deposit protection
- Assist you in any legal matters which may arise.
*Additional cost may be required
FIND A TENANT SERVICE
All the benefits of the full management service but excluding:
- Collection of all rents due & payments to you the landlord
- Inspection of the property every 3 months to check it’s condition
- Dealing with property maintenance problems
- Inspection of the property against the inventory after the tenants vacate and liaise between the landlord, tenant and deposit protection.
‘Use Harwich Village Homes, The Caring Professionals.’
We are pleased to announce that we are introducers of services provided by Homelet, providers of specialist insurance products for the rental market – including cover for tenants, contents, tenants liability, landlords buildings and contents as well as landlords rent protection & legal expenses cover.Homelet
The Deposit Protection Service (The DPS) is the only free scheme. It is open to all landlords and letting agents, and is managed by Computershare Investor Services Plc, a global business with more than eight years' deposit protection experience.Deposit Protection
WHY CHOOSE US
Member of the Ombudsman for Estate Agents (Lettings)
Dedicated and friendly staff
Spending 100% of their time looking after homes, landlords and tenants.
Extensive local knowledge of the Town and surrounding villages
Our office is located in a prominent High Street position with ample parking.
Free market appraisal based on comparative evidence
We provide honest evaluation of your property and the rent we believe to be achievable. We will also advise you on specifics such as upgrading or redecorating should we feel this to be appropriate to comply with current legislation.
Non-profit maintenance and Gas/Electrical safety inspections
We have a small team of independent local contractors who can respond to the property maintenance issues which inevitably arise from time to time.
Legislation, current and pending
We will help you to ensure that you do not fall foul of current legislation and keep you advised of forthcoming changes.
Clear and simple fee structure
What we quote in our Terms of Business is what you pay – no hidden extras
Comprehensive Tenant Referencing
We outsource our credit referencing to a professional company. This company’s principal business is to vet tenants, not sell insurance. This provides a highly detailed service which identifies unsuitable applicants from the outset.
Your property will be advertised in the Harwich and Manningtree Standard, the front office visual display, Harwich Village Homes own website, and on Rightmove and teamprop
Carefully Selected Quality Tenants
Drawn from a continually updated register, all prospective tenants are thoroughly referenced and credit checked. In some cases we will also require a guarantor.